thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Hello Everybody

Tell us about yourself, your interest in the Thai language, or just say 'Hello!'

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Hello Everybody

Postby Matt9 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:33 am

Hello All,
I have been living in Thailand for several years now. Married, House etc. but always thought that it would be impossible to learn Thai. (Good excuse for a lazy man) My wife and previous work colleagues all speak very good English so I have always managed. I recently moved jobs to enjoy much more time off and much less stress. This also meant giving up my driver who was like a brother to me. Now I realize how much I have relied on my wife and driver. It is definitely time to learn Thai.
I am taking a course to teach me the reading and writing but find that I do not have any real vocabulary. I'm not sure if this site may be too advanced for me but hopefully it will help. I am very keen to learn and finally be a little more independent.
Regards Matt
Matt9

Re: Hello Everybody

Postby David and Bui » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Matt, welcome to Thai-language.com. We have lots of materials on this site for both beginners and for more advanced students. Please browse the tabs at the top of the page labelled "Lessons", "Dictionary", "Categories", and "Reference" for materials which may assist you in your learning process.

We wish you the best of luck in your studies and hope that you will join us often on these forums.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Re: Hello Everybody

Postby Da2509 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:54 am

Matt9 wrote:Hello All,
I have been living in Thailand for several years now. Married, House etc. but always thought that it would be impossible to learn Thai. (Good excuse for a lazy man) My wife and previous work colleagues all speak very good English so I have always managed. I recently moved jobs to enjoy much more time off and much less stress. This also meant giving up my driver who was like a brother to me. Now I realize how much I have relied on my wife and driver. It is definitely time to learn Thai.
I am taking a course to teach me the reading and writing but find that I do not have any real vocabulary. I'm not sure if this site may be too advanced for me but hopefully it will help. I am very keen to learn and finally be a little more independent.
Regards Matt

Hello, how are you " ? Have you any Thai teacher now ? firstly, i would like to know where is your location now . I am a Thai language [teacher?] in Bangkok.
Regards, DA
Da2509

Return to Guestbook and Introductions