thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

iOS 7.1.0 update to 7.1.1

Usage questions, bug reports, and feature requests for the thai-language.com iOS app.

Moderators: acloudmovingby, crishoj

iOS 7.1.0 update to 7.1.1

Postby Sherratt » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:37 pm

First of all - contratulations on an excellent app. So much better than the ones I had been using. Partly due to the rich and varied cowd sourced data, but also Christian did a great job on the interface.

I only discovered it this week and downloaded it onto an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1.0. I have had the issue with the app crashing unexpectedly. Mostly this seems to be after multiple searches, and going back to type in the search box quickly. The iPhone struggled to keep up with the typing and then the app crashes.

However, the iOS 7.1.1 update says that it deals with the keyboard lag issue, which it does appear to be doing. So far I haven't had any crashes with your app on 7.1.1, so hope this will help others too.

One other issue that doesn't appear to have been fixed in 7.1.1 is the use of Apple's "enhanced quality" voice. I use this to read out example sentences in Thai from your app. Clicking and holding on the sentence then choosing "speak" will read out the sentence. However, the quality of the default sythesised voice is pretty poor. This can be improved in settings by selecting the enhanced quality voice and downloading 59.2GB of extra voice files. However, your app seems to only use the default voice. In addition, it ignores the "speaking rate" setting for the voice (I want it really slow!). Looks to me like these could be iOS problems as well, unless it is the way the voice API is implemented.

Would be really grateful to be able to use the enhanced quality voice at a my chosen speed.

Thanks
Sherratt
Sherratt

Re: iOS 7.1.0 update to 7.1.1

Postby David and Bui » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:19 pm

59.2 gigabytes? Is that correct?
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby crishoj » Wed May 14, 2014 11:12 am

Dear Sherratt,

Thank you for your kind words.

Sherratt wrote:Would be really grateful to be able to use the enhanced quality voice at a my chosen speed.

To be frank, I wasn't even aware of the possibility of using an "enhanced voice". I will look into this, and certainly make sure that the preferred speech rate is observed.

As for the crash issue: If any one of you is able to reproduce a crash, or experiences crashes regularly, please feel get in touch with me directly in order to track the issue down. (I might request you to install a "debug" build.)

Regards,
Christian
crishoj

Postby bifftastic » Wed May 14, 2014 11:15 am

David and Bui wrote:59.2 gigabytes? Is that correct?

More likely to be megabytes.
bifftastic

Return to iPhone/iPad app for thai-language.com: Support and feedback