thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

can't paste thai on msg.boards

Usage questions, bug reports, and feature requests for this web site

Moderator: acloudmovingby

can't paste thai on msg.boards

Postby Bryan.the.Scorpio » Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:23 pm

Hi Ling,

Glad you understood all I said. :)

Just as I thought: You were trying to copy/paste some Thai scripts from this highly popular, academically brilliant site http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Thai/ that, surprisingly, fails to adhere to some simple Thai Web site construction standards regarding font use. It's a sad fact that NIU seems not to recognize. I believe lots of people must have the same problem viewing their site as you do. So did I. I like this Web site so much that I had to add their special font.

To be able to properly view any contents of this Web site, NIU clearly states on the very first page that site visitors should first install into their systems their special font called thaittf.ttf ( http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Thai/home_page/about_fonts.htm, which can be downloaded direct by clicking here or go to SEASite Font Page). Thaittf.ttf does not come installed with Windows; It's not added when you enable Thai Input Support either. That's why you've had such a problem of copying anything from SEASite and pasting into MS Word, because MS Word does not have the tool (i.e. the particular thai.ttf font) to intepret the Thai scripts you pasted. Once the font is installed or copied to your Windows' Font Folder (c:\windows\fonts), all the Thai scripts will show up fine in your browser, including when you paste Thai in your MS Word.

Read more: http://www.seasite.niu.edu/seasite.htm
Bryan.the.Scorpio

Previous

Return to thai-language.com: Issues, Problems, Suggestions