thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Studying/teaching/working in Thailand

Visas and planning your residency in Thailand

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Studying/teaching/working in Thailand

Postby LoveOfSiam » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:25 pm

I love Thailand. I can't imagine any visitor disliking such a beautiful country with delicious food, lovely people and such a rich culture. (Not to mention great movies!)

As a result I would like to make a go of living and working in Thailand, however I understand there are many obstacles, especially as;

1. I did not go to University due to the high fees. As such I do not have an Honours (BA) Degree, which. realistically I will need to try my hand at teaching in Thailand.
Having looked at courses to attain my qualification here in the UK I am still put off by the course fees, the cheapest of which I have found is £16,200 (The Open University). I don't want to spend all my savings so am considering studying in Thailand for a BA Degree BUT would that prohibit me from working to support myself during that time?

2. My current job is not one that will nominate me/give essential skills to apply for other work vacancies in Thailand.
The subject for the BA Degree doesn't matter if you need it for teaching, but IF I am not content in that position I would like to have gained a qualification in a field that would help me gain employment in another field which foreigners are allowed to seek. With that in mind does anyone have any courses they would recommend to give me more options? (I was thinking Business Management?)

Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated. (^_^)/
LoveOfSiam

Re: Studying/teaching/working in Thailand

Postby Tomke__987 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:36 pm

Just out of interest:
Do they actually verify that you have a BA?
Tomke__987

Return to Work, Retire, or Study